**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Karl and Bill, got my tiny ,micro LEDs today so should be back on track tomorrow and maybe get the two halves together. We will see as there is no point in rushing at this stage.

Great job Vic. Please remember about installation of the ashtray in the cockpit. Also I would add a toilet roll in the WC. :)

Great job Vic. Please remember about installation of the ashtray in the cockpit. Also I would add a toilet roll in the WC. :)
Vic may have to work on the ashtray but he didn't forget the TP! :lol:
From post 280:

Attachments

• 110111-1M.jpg
    110111-1M.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 132
Sorry Wojetk, no ashtrays it's a smoke free zone..................unless the engine is on fire....
lol-022.gif
.................and like Glenn has noticed, we have made provided essential in the toilet

And thanks guys, just about to start working on the lighting.

It's not been a bad day, managed to get all the wiring sorted in the fuselage and seal it up. Tomorrow if time permits we will start on the wing, hopefully this will be a little simpler than the rest of the craft.

Here are some final internal shots before zipping it up.

110119-1A.jpg

110119-1B.jpg

110119-1C.jpg

The forward port compartments, navigator, cockpit and bomb aimer/forward gunner.

110119-1D.jpg

The small .303 step gun.

110119-1E.jpg

110119-1F.jpg

110119-1G.jpg

110119-1H.jpg

The stbd central compartments, radio operator, general utility area, rear blister guns and toilet, with toilet roll.

110119-1J.jpg

All stitched up with main wing dry fitted, it's a huge wing span.

110119-1K.jpg

Lastly we have the two sizes of small lights, left is 1.8mm and right is 3mm globe size and being plastic cased the body can be carefully filed down a little to aid fitting in tight spots.

Bill, I think the look of the wing is due to trial fit and part of one not being fitted.
Vic - ^%$£$%^ marvellous!!!
It's too good to conceal all that. I know some can be seen, especially with internal lighting, but it might be an idea for the future to section small areas of, say, the starboard side, to view the interior. That said, we haven't seen the outside yet, so it could be just as good - that "guess what's here" effect!
Really looking forward to the next stages.

Thanks guys, it would seem you guys are enjoying viewing this as much as I'm enjoying making it and I hope your right Terry as I'm working on making a dark ocean blue for the camo. Humbrol 104 with a very good dollop of black (H33 or H85).

Great Vic but those wings look a little weird to me like there is a little warpage.

Bill old chap you were spot on and my deepest thanks for believe it or not I had not noticed...:oops:....:oops:....:oops:

The stbd lower outer wing has a huge warp starting from just before the upper wing join with a twist upwards on the trailing edge and the wing tip. So apart from working out a way to install the wing tip lighting, I've spent much of the day heating the offending part with the hair dryer while weighting it down on a jerry jug. Thankfully, in the end we came up trumps.....:D.....:p.....:lol:

Thank you gentlemen. Have had a quiet couple of days, got the wing together today and did a bit of cleaning up the hull, mundane dull stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back