**** DONE : 1/48 Hellcat Mk I JV-131 No 800 Squadron HMS Emperor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Look again, right in the centre group - Hellcats. Those other....things nearly threw me too, being more prominent in the foreground, at an angle on the side of the deck.

Terry, I thought that too for a second but Hellcats didn't have the oil cooler scoop on the top of the cpwl. It was on the bottom. I think they're Avengers actually.

Heck, you're right! That's what happens when you take a quick look I guess! Obvious when you look closer - wing size and shape, undercart shape, not to mention the tail fillet on the aircraft at right hand edge, plus all the other obvious recognition features!
I think I must have thought, in the three seconds I took to look at the pic, that it was another, similar pic, which does show Hellcats. Must be getting tired - or old. Maybe I'm suffering from that thing Vic mentioned - Dementia, or was it Dimensions? Something like that, as the dimensions of my brain are definitely shrinking!!!!

First batch of progress shots showing the cockpit and instrument panel using Eduard's marvelous coloured PE details. Looking for plenty of feedback guys so don't be shy. Known issues:

- Headrest not painted. I assume this is a brown leather affair.
- Knobs on the various levers on the throttle quadrant and panel to the left of the pilot aren't painted yet.
- Reflector glass on the gunsight not glued on yet - will go on near the end of the assembly with the fiddley bits.

Any missing details anyone knows about, let me know! Thanks for checking in.

Attachments

• 100301 Cockpit.jpg
    100301 Cockpit.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 100301 Cockpit2.jpg
    100301 Cockpit2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 100301 Inst Pnl.jpg
    100301 Inst Pnl.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 146

Users who are viewing this thread

Back