**** DONE: 1/48 Fairy Swordfish of 816th Squadron

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking very good
RAF Perranporth is about 12 miles up the coast from where I live and is home to a flying school and a gliding club it also has some of the best preserved E pens I have seen. When flying from Bodmin we landed there twice on runway 09 which is truly spectacular as the approach is straight in from the sea towards 300' high cliffs.

I tried Tamiya Acrylics for the first time with this build, and I have to say the white was a nightmare. I tined the white with a little bit of Gray to give it a slight off-white color so the white in the stripes would stick out. The Dark Gray went on smoothly with no issues at all. I'm really at a loss as to why I had such an issue with the white but it took me 3 days to get one coat on. It was like it was too thin and thick at the same time.

First coat of the white is on the fuselage as well as the bottom of the wings, Dark Grey was painted on the dark the tops of the wings. One more coat of white on the fuselage then the dark grey top.

Attachments

• 100_7748.JPG
    100_7748.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 190
Welcome to acrylics VB. Although I have not tried Tamiya acrylics, I've had simialr issues with Pollyscale. Mind you, white is pretty tough to do.

Looks good all the same.

Nice bit of spraying Dave. I have problems with white enamels, it take a number of coats for me to get a good finish.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Looks good VB but my Badger just does not like acrylics at all.I just did some flat white in enamels and was much easier than usual :confused:

THanks fellas, and thanks Jav. I might have to try that on my next build. I've always heard of the pros and cons of using enamals - I might as well give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back