**** DONE: Revell 1/48 Douglas A-20G Havoc "Butch"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Todays work.. MMs white pigment is terrible to spray btw!

Attachments

• PICT1509.JPG
    PICT1509.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 121
  • PICT1510.JPG
    PICT1510.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 117
  • PICT1511.JPG
    PICT1511.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 113
  • PICT1512.JPG
    PICT1512.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 117
Thanks Pete, i'm getting tired of looking at it as i've had setbacks and i'm running 50% modeling time of what I used to do. It's weird because i'm on summer vacation and have been doing nothing. Seems the urge kicks in when I have no time during the school year..

It also has a gloss cote on (my new method to prevent masks ripping up the finish).

Thanks Pete, i'm getting tired of looking at it as i've had setbacks and i'm running 50% modeling time of what I used to do. It's weird because i'm on summer vacation and have been doing nothing. Seems the urge kicks in when I have no time during the school year..

It also has a gloss cote on (my new method to prevent masks ripping up the finish).

Oh yeah, when there's 'work' to do I'd much rather be modelling too! :lol::lol::lol: couldn't resist that one!Anyway, don't feel pressured none, and congrats on the HH GB result.

cheers

Pete

Looks great Cory! That's MM Acrylic your using isn't it? I have yet to try to spray acrylic in my airbrush. I know it's less "Toxic" but stories like your white scare me off. I'm happy with my MM enamels and a respirator mask. :lol:

Looking good mags. If it's any consolation, virtually any whitre is a pain to spray or brush, although enamels are a touch easier. As for health hazards, take your choice - petrochemical from enamel, plastics and polymers and other cr*p from acrylics!!

I might have to invest.. The only prime reason I spray acrylic is because i'm lazy and preform the airbrushing in my room and my parents pick up that enamel smell and go wild. It's still no benefit to me spraying where I sleep, but i've started opening the window and wearing my respirator more. But they don;t have a issue with Future, that fruity tinge of odor!!

I think i'll be brush painting the base white for the undersides.. :oops::D

Got one area of stripes done. All hand painted, went back over the white area. Took awhile today due to murphy law shenanigans! :|

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 89
Just found this.. a truth to all modelers who paint invasion stripes -

Attachments

• Masking.jpg
    Masking.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 95
Looks good to me. That pic is a good example of the average AEAF stripes, although some were a little neater, but not much!

Got the base white down on the back. This time I did more lighter coats with the white and it was perfect. I think where the white edges curve for the roundel is a bit messed up but luckily once I fit the decals I can take a brush and patch them up. I consider it fair for my first attempt at this -

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 102
Looks like a bl**dy good job to me! I normally find it easier to paint the stripes completely, and then apply the decals. Any 'background' colour, in this case the OD, can then be painted around the decal later.

Thanks T.. the black stripes are almost done and then I think it will be decal time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back