**** DONE: Revell 1/48 Douglas A-20G Havoc "Butch"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Definitely pack the nose!! The weights in the forward bomb bay are extended a little too far to the rear, on the C/G. I forgot it was a 'solid' nose kite, as weight in the nose should be sufficient, unlike the bomber variant. You'll need to ensure a really strong joint on the nose, as the weight will want to pull it away from the fuselage.

Thanks T.. will do.

Just got my wisdom teeth pulled out. Most of the drugs have worn off but i'm still numb. My mouth is rather 'red'.. point aside, we'll see how long it takes before i'm back the bench.

Thanks T.. it's getting better and the clots have held up. Just need the tissue to start regrowing. Somehow I am in no pain... high tolerance?

Just ate some burgers and ice cream.. but my heart lays with packing the nose weight :lol:

I'm with Terry, pack in more weight, I've come a cropper a couple of times with to little and it's a bugger to fix after. Hope your getting over that extraction to, not the nicest of thinks.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks Vic.. it wasn't too bad, I mean the laughing gas was pretty fun. And whatever they used in the IV to knock me out!

I see it being a speedy recovery, one or two days and I should be top shape. 8)

The latest.. I took it upon myself to rescribe the fuselage :shock:. Well, RoG does provide you with scribed panels, but they are the saddest excuse of scribing I have ever seen. I'm sure my finger nail could make a deeper cut. Point aside, here's where butch is at. Next step is to get the engine booms on the bottom of the wings then attach the wings to the fuselage. Taking shape!

Cant wait to get some primer on and take a look and what needs work -

Attachments

• PICT1443.JPG
    PICT1443.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 120
  • PICT1444.JPG
    PICT1444.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 136
  • PICT1445.JPG
    PICT1445.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT1446.JPG
    PICT1446.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 122
  • PICT1447.JPG
    PICT1447.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 132
Coming along nicely Mags. See if you can blend-in that nose joint, and the forward wdge of the bomb bay doors - the joints will show up once painted.

Yeah.. saw those too. I put CA on that nose but forgot to sand it and that bomb door was just hell. Even after gluing and sanding it still creeks :shock:

If possible, pop out the bomb door and cement a piece of scrap plastic inside, as a supporting ledge. I did this on the Boston (same aircraft) to cure the exact same problem.

Keep working Cory. I agree with Wayne's post above.:)

Primer check. Everything came out looking smooth, I did open back up some panels. Was glad to see the bomb doors took a more fitting fit. That back top stabilizer looks a gap but is filled with a light scribe I put into it to keep with the diagram. I will run some PVA over it to possibly shallow it a tad. The light plays tricks!

Also a dry fit at the wings.. not sure why the support rack was provided, it does nothing! :D

Attachments

• PICT1448.JPG
    PICT1448.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 114
  • PICT1449.JPG
    PICT1449.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 146
  • PICT1450.JPG
    PICT1450.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 131
  • PICT1453.JPG
    PICT1453.JPG