**** DONE: Revell 1/48 Douglas A-20G Havoc "Butch"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All done here, did a coat of future also. Tomorrow I will start the decals and fix up the stripes to fit around the decals.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 114
And bad luck.. I was handling the cockpit frame and somehow it wilted under my finger pressure and snapped into two. I was painting the frame and was scraping some paint off of the edge and crack it went.

I just found this for a clear vac.. but it's not made for the monogram kit, do you guys think it would still fit?

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=SQ9550

Last edited:
Thanks T.. tis only $4, it's worth it.

Thought you lads deserve some sunlight outside of my cave! Still lots to do but she's getting there.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 114
You are correct. My next big challenge will be trying to fit the mouth in the front with the gun barrel holes and two little slits on the side. That's why I haven't put them on yet..

Thanks Kev..

I got the tires fitted and painted and the props. Airbrushed the landing gear and that is drying. Everything is coming together now. In a day or two the only thing left will be the canopy

Tires and props. Hand painted the inner wheels-

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 127
I tried something new tonight. Looking at the havoc the surface was just too basic, and I hate when there's no surface tones. I know people who use the airbrush to fade and such, but I always think it looks unrealistic unless the person is really good. Also with the invasion stripes and such I couldn't afford a masking or paint splotch accident.

I took out my oil paints and made two caps of thinned burnt umber and yellow orchre. I took a size 0 brush and first did spot washes with the burnt umber on the top wing surfaces. Then I dipped it into the yellow and did spot washes where I didnt put the brown. I then used a hair dryer to dry it some and used a cotton swab to remove build up and repeated the process a few times. It's very subtle and was what I was after. I think with a dullcote it will show up a little better -

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
happy0034.gif

That shading is looking good Cory, nicely done and I love the hand painting on the tyres mate, well done.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back