****DONE: 1/48 PZL P.24G of the Royal Hellenic Air Force Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally back on it.

Attached the main wing to the fuselage, and as Wurger mentioned in an earlier post about need to sand the wing mount to the fuselage which I did, knowing I would need to putty the area a little bit. What I did not think of (or notice) is the area is in a bugger of a place to try and sand by hand. I've actually considered using my dremel tool on the area, but will experiment on that first.

The last pic I got from PZL P.24 A-G by Andrzej Glass published by Kagero. I always wondered what kind of view the pilot got with the shape of the wing. I just think it would drive me nuts.

Attachments

• PZL Wing Joint.JPG
    PZL Wing Joint.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 149
  • PZL View.JPG
    PZL View.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 145
OK so Lysander was a bum selection, it's the similarity in the gull wing shape that makes it a bit look alike. You doing good VB, hope the sanding works, Dremel's can be such a bi*ch at times.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Finally got off my arse and did the first coat of camo. It came out brighter then I was expecting and I'll need to tone it down a bit during the weathering process. Next step is painting the bottom blue.

Attachments

• pzl 24 first coat.JPG
    pzl 24 first coat.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 121
Looking good Dave. The paint will probably settle, and don't forget when the clear coats go on, these will tone it down some. When I painted the Boston, it looked far too bright at first, and the green often does, but it settled when fully cured, and was much better after the clear coats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back