DONE: 1/48 Revell P-61 Black Widow of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well all the decals are on and the only thing that is left is exhaust and canopy filling and some fiddle bits. So I leave you with a teaser, more of less the "essence" of snuffy!

Attachments

• DSC_0204.JPG
    DSC_0204.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 267
Great pic paul, the chipping looks like it was meant to be there, just so "together" and in a straight-line it looks like it was done on purpose!

Great pic paul, the chipping looks like it was meant to be there, just so "together" and in a straight-line it looks like it was done on purpose!

Thanks Maglar, I actually would like to see more aircraft to look war weary. Perfect aircraft are nice to look at but this also shows just what a combat aircraft after many missions really looked like. Well done!!!

Thank you, hopefully I can do this exhaust and not mess up this very long journey of a model.. man oh man the anxiety!

Thank you, hopefully I can do this exhaust and not mess up this very long journey of a model.. man oh man the anxiety!

Well I haven't built a model in 20 something years but I can give you this suggestion. Take your time and don't rush. Its no different then researching. Rushing things wont find what you are looking for but patients can often be rewarding.

Here my exhaust..:shock::oops:, Too much is an easy phrase for this, I did mix some colors in there. Used pastels, what a nice recovery, might go add some more.

Attachments

• DSC_0204.JPG
    DSC_0204.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0205.JPG
    DSC_0205.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_0206.JPG
    DSC_0206.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
You know Mag that is really starting to look the part.When you first started your chipping I thought it was overkill but the more Paul digs the more it becomes apparent I was wrong.These 61's look like they wasted paint as good as any Japanese aircraft would.Keep up the good work and the exhaust is looking pretty good.Cheers Kevin

Thanks Javlin, Paul did a great job defending my crazy blade. :lol:

Doing the canopy now.. no good fits!

Couldnt live with it, re-did my exhaust job, I will pastel this new one after it dries.

Attachments

• DSC_0204.JPG
    DSC_0204.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC_0205.JPG
    DSC_0205.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 253
I read this thread with great interest as the Revell/Monogram P-61 is my next kit. I was particularly interested in the paint chipping as I'm a long way from mastering any method of silvering. I also wonder about whether it should be gloss black or flat. Any comments about what to watch out for with this kit would be appreciated. I'm planning an in-flight build so I'll have to fit figures into the interior.

Great work, BTW.

Maglar - you're doing an awesome job on it! Love all the pics too!

I just started building the same kit prior to finding this thread and have found through reading your experiences and progress very interesting. Even learned some things from you and the others. I have built this kit before when I was younger, and now doing it again as the other one got ruined by several moves home moves, wife moving it, etc. lol

Looking forward to the finished product.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back