**** DONE: P-51B CAPT. CLARENCE "BUD" ANDERSON

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheers rochie, i'm not strong on the technical stuff so it's good to get advice from guys like terry who know about planes.

Coming along nicely.
That's one of the great things about the forum, lots of expertise and knowledge to call on when you need it.

That looks great Bemay.. thumbs up on the stripes and i'm loving the look of it -

I just saw this thread - first great job.

suggestion - the spinner would not have an 'indentation' at the propeller line - it would be perfectly faired with no depression. I would probably fill with putty and sand smooth to get rid of the imperfection from the plastic mold process.

Attachments

• page 1.jpg
    page 1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 141
would the invasion stripe be showing on the side of the cool air exhaust cover when in the down position? just an observation. cheers, bill

Thanks alot guys for the comments, i've been away for work so i will update this weekend and hopefully finish this build.I have got my hands on a p-47d for my second entry for this build.cheers!

here is a quick update on the build.I have given the plane a gloss coat with model master clear gloss and have put on most of the decals,also done some weathering with tamiya weathering master powder.will be finishing off the decals and do a matt clear coat today.once thats dry i will be outlining the id letters on the side of the plane.cheers!

Attachments

• decals 1.jpg
    decals 1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 148
  • decals 2.jpg
    decals 2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 131
  • decals 3.jpg
    decals 3.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 138
  • canopy.jpg
    canopy.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 138
the plan is to do the clear matt coat and then use a fine artline pen.I thought about doing the outline before the clear but it being lacquer it will react with the pen.Hopefully this should work.cheers!

Last edited:
Looks brilliant mate! Just one point if it's not too late. The 'Malcolm' hood was frameless at the front and rear, being just thicker moulded perspex, so doesn't need painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back