Next Group Build Commonwealth/Night fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rob Bracken lived about 5 blocks away from anf I had the chance to see part of his photo collection it was fantastic , his knowledge about the different birds was IMHO umparalled , I never got to see the remainder of his pics as he passed away, NTW did they have Vol 1of his book

Bracken died? Must have been well before his time. Hopefully his collection ended up in a safe place.

As for Vol 1, there was no copy available.

Yes, I was talked into it guys, honest! My LHS guy pulled a gun and told me that unless I bought that kit, he would shoot his budgy!

...Now THAT'S a sales pitch !!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Sorry if this has been asked before (got alot of catching up to do now I'm finally on the net again!), but what are the dates of the Commonwealth build subjects to be - just '39 to '45?

It may or may not have been covered but what if you have a commonwealth nightfighter :lol: Do you just pick a category?

Great... I finally have a model and the camera set up to a group build for the first time and what do you know... No thread to begin in. :) While we wait, why don't we just start by stating what we each would like to build. :) I have a couple of planes I hope to enter... maybe more as time permits. I looking to build Nocturnal Nemesis, a P-61A of the 421st NFS. Flown by Lt. Dave T. Corts. This plane was at Tacloban, Leyte in November of 1944. I've been fortunate enough to find a few pictures of this bird and will be the first time I paint a widow in the olive color scheme. At the same time, I hope to build First Nighter, a P-61B flown by Capt. Joe Jenkins of the 414th NFS. There's a story that goes with this bird but I'll add that to the thread once it's available. :)

NFN, Glenn and I have already posted our intentions pending the mods setting up a folder. We posted in the "Group Builds" general section. Suggest you go ahead and post there. Once the folder is set up, the mods can move us over.

Looking forward to your entries.

Yep, that seems to be the normal procedure. Just ensure you include the thread title at the end of the description. For example ....Night Fighter GB.

Question: NF GB would include any aircraft used in a dedicated NF squadron/gruppe? Yes?

I think I may join this one as I missed the GB I really wanted which was BoB.

There were B25s used on 'Carpet Bagger' ops H, but I don't think that really qualifies for night fighter. But of course they were used by Commonwealth and RAAF Squadrons.......
Thoughts Karl? I think it's time I had a holiday, away from the bl**dy rain !! But seriously, Bob's Mossie, if not qualifying for night fighter, should qualify for Commonwealth anyway - especially as this combined GB appears to be so 'loose'.

There were B25s used on 'Carpet Bagger' ops H, but I don't think that really qualifies for night fighter. But of course they were used by Commonwealth and RAAF Squadrons.......
Thoughts Karl? I think it's time I had a holiday, away from the bl**dy rain !! But seriously, Bob's Mossie, if not qualifying for night fighter, should qualify for Commonwealth anyway - especially as this combined GB appears to be so 'loose'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back