ZG 1, Italy and the Bf 110G-2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

simplify and pick up Vasco's Sting of the Luftwaffe which covers the ZG 1 unit especially the Wasp marked 110's

Agreed Erich. And you get a free guitar lesson with every copy sold. :D

It's make your mind up time Jan! That Vasco book is well worth investing in. As are all his others, "Zerstorer" in particular.

The books are deffo gonna be invested in, this month hopefully. Just trying to figure out what/who's machine to do, or, just stick with the S9+FN crate coming with the kit.

Erich and I would like a bottle of Bruichladdich Islay Single Malt each for the book recommendations. Oh, and one for Evgeny too. :D

ok since I have never had that P yes sure send a bottle post haste. the only thing on John's mighty work is that the time of Reich defense for II./ZG 1 is a bit weak in text and photos but the early years are described beautifully. the unit was hard fought and was torn to pieces during the terrible conflict of war

I think that it's a slight chance that the bottles will disappear in the mail....

Anyhoo....as for the Bf 110, would these just about cover it?

Attachments

• MESSERSCHMITT BF 110 IN COLOR PROFILE 1939-1945.jpg
    MESSERSCHMITT BF 110 IN COLOR PROFILE 1939-1945.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 277
  • Sting of the Luftwaffe ZG1.jpg
    Sting of the Luftwaffe ZG1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Zerstorer Vol 1.jpg
    Zerstorer Vol 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Zerstorer Vol 2.jpg
    Zerstorer Vol 2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 289
EE has also put some 110 decals together not sure if they will cover nf' except they have after the Falk book was relaese, the A/C all in black.

the all grey tones on the 110G-4 nf's bother me a tad think they were more in the range of a faded blue-white-grey really

seems nobody wants to even try and follow up on 110G-2 bomber destroyers which is a suck deal. obviously there are pics to use.

Must be a few that can be used as subjects for decals of those G-2 bomber destroyers....

Have the Revell G-2 sitting in stash, so any pics are welcome Erich! :oops:

ok man when you get ready I'll be glad to help and post b/w fotos and give you my ideas. was planning some 15 years ago to put a small softback volume together just on the 3 major twin engine Zerstörer units

Some nice profiles of ZG1 in the books, the three being flown on the eastern front and not the med....still. 8)
DSCF0002-55.jpg

DSCF0003-50.jpg

DSCF0004-44.jpg

This last, only because of the camouflage.....8./ZG26. One of three C-6 that was issued to ZG26 that saw service in Africa.

DSCF0001-55.jpg

Last edited:
Jan, if the C-6 floats your boat try and get hold of Mr Vasco's "Bombsights Over England, The History of Erprobungsgruppe 210." Some lovely stuff about the C-6 in there...

Asisbiz list of Messerschmitt Bf-109K Images including IL-2 skin downloads for Ubisoft combat flight simulator games 1946, Storm of War

Here is where i got the pictures from. Just click on the aircraft code on the right of the page. Most have profiles along with actual photos of the aircraft. Enjoy! Your welcome too:)

This site it geared more towards IL2 the game, but tons of info in here. Been downloading pictures like crazy the past couple of days off this site. still have a long way to go.

That site has indulged in copyright infringement on two of my books, as well as others books as well. They scanned/uploaded complete sets of photos from both of my Classic volumes, and also the complete text of both books have been uploaded. If I knew how to sue them on an international basis, and could afford it, I would go after them good-time. They are simply copyright thiefs, 100%

Congratulations on supporting bastards like them!

That site has indulged in copyright infringement on two of my books, as well as others books as well. They scanned/uploaded complete sets of photos from both of my Classic volumes, and also the complete text of both books have been uploaded. If I knew how to sue them on an international basis, and could afford it, I would go after them good-time. They are simply copyright thiefs, 100%

And I'm sure that site made millions of dollars on your images as well!!!! Phooey on them if they didn't give you your rightfully deserved ego boosting credit you so much deserve.

Please - if you're going to whine about crap like that here, take your bitch elsewhere....

EDIT - I went to the site and saw their mention of you and your books - if anything you should be giving them money for advertisement!!!!!!

Last edited:

Easy John, if you go back up to Post #66 it shows all the covers of your books that lucky posted and talked about latter down in the pictures and beaufighters link was just a reference link that some one used for reseach. I own a copy of one of your books. The Sting of the Luftwaffe. Very good book but unless you own a copy and compare it from the books in question to that web site how would the average person know.

Send me a pm if you want to talk more.

All the best
Paul

Last edited:
If you have a problem with there site and them "stealing" your work that is fine, but take it up with that site and not with this forum.

This forum has not stolen your work or "infringed" on your copy right.

So guys, what are the rules about posting excerpts, scans from books? I'm sensitive to authors' works being exploited and don't want to be part of furthering the practice. The few times I've done it, I have provided references but I'm not sure that providing references is good enough to cover copyrights?

Probably been posted somewhere so a link would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back