1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 110 (Scratch) Heavy Hiters Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, we've got you covered mate! Got all the Balkenkreuz and Hakenkreuz you need from the HAD Bf 110 sheet, and can give you my Italeri main undercarriage legs and wheels. Drop us your address in a PM.
(Hope you're keeping on top of the private problems too mate)

...Despite my own doubts in my ability to do proper mottled camo scheme with hand brush only, this is the plane I've decided to make...

Igor, brush mottling is easier than you think. Get an old, small paint brush and cut the bristles off to only about 1 to 2 mm length. To do the mottles, dip into the paint, then tap the brush onto paper until the paint on the brush leaves just a faint smudge on the paper, then dab the brush onto the model tapping the same spot continually until you get the density you desire. Practice on paper for a while until you get comfortable with controling the technique and then do your model.

Good luck!

That's a good way to do it Igor - I did that for years, up until my first airbrush about 30 years ago. Also, in the Brush Painting guide I posted, there's a few tips on other ways to do the job.

Thanks for the heads-up tip on mottling Andy, I'll keep that in mind.

Hope it works well for you Igor, I'll look forward to the pics and I'm with Terry, Alex and Even, this is a great and friendly forum

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Don't you worry guys, she will be finished. I never left an unfinished model and not keen on starting now. My main problem (among others) at this time is of technical nature. I believe I've wrote about that earlier. When working on wooden models I do most of work in my grandfathers workshop (he was a carpenter) and there's no heating in there. So, with very low winter temperatures lately it's simply to cold for me to work there.

Last edited:
After a while I can finally post some new photos...
First let me say I wasn't quite pleased with the model and especially the fuselage I made. If you look at the first photo in the attachment you can see how the nose of the aircraft should have been (in comparison to the drawing) much more curved than the one I've made. Although main wings looked more or less okay to me, I also wasn't satisfied how cockpit canopy turned out. So, I've solved this problem by making completely new fuselage. Hopefully I've achieved much better look. Now when new fuselage is done, wings attached and putty applied and sanded here are few photos how Bf 110 model looks at this time. After a close inspection I can see a bit of putty and sanding is still needed on one or two places, but the main work on the fuselage and main wings is done. Engines are next...

Attachments

• 5_01.jpg
    5_01.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 129
  • 5_04.jpg
    5_04.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 5_05.jpg
    5_05.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 5_08.jpg
    5_08.jpg