1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 110 (Scratch) Heavy Hiters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Igor,

Go with the scale drawings you have. The Kajero profiles above aren't necessarily accurate and to scale as I've discovered from experience. The tail on S9+IC above looks too pointy in the profile.

As memory serves profiles aren't for making of a model details.These are to show the general way of painting that an airplane was/might have been coloured.Drawings are for the purpose.But also there mistakes occur.

Last edited:
Igor, your decals for the two schemes above were mailed today. I also found some crosses and sent them too. One is the fuselage set in the right size but it has the thicker inner cross that's not quite right for the schemes you want. You can cut these up but maybe someone else here has something better for you. The other set is for the under wing crosses and these are correct. These are very old decals so I sprayed some Testors Decal Bonder on them. Hope they work.

You'll still need upper wing crosses (probably just the low visibility white outline type) and tail swastikas. Plus proper fuselage crosses to save work if someone has them. Everything else is covered.

Good luck!

Thanks again Andy. Your help is very much appreciated. Gonna do my best to justify it by making a nice model.

Time for a little update me thinks...
I've managed to do some further work on the Zerstörer - finished the fuselage and attached the wings to the fuselage. I still need to fill the gaps along the wing/fuselage joint before I start working on the engines. Some putty around the cockpit conopy is also needed. The tail section is still not attached to the model at this point.

Here are some photos:

Attachments

• 4_01.jpg
    4_01.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 4_02.jpg
    4_02.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 4_03.jpg
    4_03.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 4_04.jpg
    4_04.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 4_05.jpg
    4_05.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 116
Beautiful job Igor. Can you PM or e-mail me to remind me what you need? I know I said I'd also send some books etc, so I need to know which ones you already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back