**** DONE 1/48 Tamiya Me 262 A-2 Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

found this in Me-262_[Schiffer_Luftwaffe_Profile_Series_1].
looks like a white J from KG51

Attachments

• kg51.jpg
    kg51.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for the find Rochie. I would concur that this is most likely white Y. The kit decal sheet and other profiles I've seen have formed the Y with a hook on it that, if partially obscurred in the case of this photo, would make it look like a J

Christmas came early!

When I told my wife I was thinking of getting a Macro lens and that I would probably go out and get one, she revealed that she had already bought one for me for Christmas.:oops: So now I've got my lens and here's a shot of the instrument panel again. Now my photos reveal more imperfections! I think I overdid the silver dry brush a bit and the red sticker on the bomb panel (currently painted) might get replaced with a decal. I need to play with the F stop a bit as well to get a better depth of field, seeing that the side panel on the left is out of focus. But now both rechargable batteries died so I'm leaving this one shot. More later.

Attachments

• 091112 Inst Panel.jpg
    091112 Inst Panel.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 121
Thanks guys! I've been playing with the new lens all evening to maximize depth of field. Here are some more shots of the cockpit as it stand right now.

Attachments

• 091112 Cockpit Port.jpg
    091112 Cockpit Port.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 112
  • 091112 Cockpit Stbd.jpg
    091112 Cockpit Stbd.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 091112 Cockpit Tub from Back.jpg
    091112 Cockpit Tub from Back.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 112
great find Karl!!! that pic is definitely White Y.

Great Pics Andy, looks good.

Wives...they come in real handy don't they!!:D:D:D

If it arrives in time my Chrissy present will be Eagle Editions Dora Vol.2...from my lovely wife!:D

Great work Andy, both the build and the pics. If you don't mind me asking, what were the camera settings for this last range of pics.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks for the comments Vic. The lens is a 50mm F2.5 Macro. The first shot of the instrument panel above used full auto settings with flash. I'm not sure what f-stop the camera selected but it must have had a wide aperture setting because there is limited focus. I wanted more depth of field so in the next ones of the cockpit tub, I pushed the f-stop all the way to 32 and used a tripod and flash. I'm not sure what exposure the camera selected but it was open fro proabbly a second. Will continue to play with it, trying some mid range settings.

great find Karl!!! that pic is definitely White Y.

Great Pics Andy, looks good.

Wives...they come in real handy don't they!!:D:D:D

If it arrives in time my Chrissy present will be Eagle Editions Dora Vol.2...from my lovely wife!:D

Thanks Wayne! And yes they do come in handy... mostly. Great book you've got coming. I got it about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the comments Vic. The lens is a 50mm F2.5 Macro. The first shot of the instrument panel above used full auto settings with flash. I'm not sure what f-stop the camera selected but it must have had a wide aperture setting because there is limited focus. I wanted more depth of field so in the next ones of the cockpit tub, I pushed the f-stop all the way to 32 and used a tripod and flash. I'm not sure what exposure the camera selected but it was open fro proabbly a second. Will continue to play with it, trying some mid range settings.

Thanks Andy, I need to get a macro and tripod, tried f22 on a pic today and 10 seconds laterthe shutter clicked and he presto one fuzzy photo
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks guys!

Vic, there are a few photos like that in my trash bin, believe me. The tripod was essential for the above shots but I'll continue playing with it to see if I can opent he aperture more and get the focus I want without the tripod.

Looking forward to the images, Wayne. 81/82 looks like the popular choice for this bird but the 74/75 with 81 was starting to grow on me. I found a nice rendition of this kit here Steve Jantscher's Me262

Last edited:
You're welcome Vic and thanks Wayne. great shots! I sure owe you now after that mix-up on the Dora!

Still no real photo evidence to back up David Brown' statement that the "It is highly probably that the colour 81 would also appear on the wing upper surfaces in a similar pattern to that on the fuselage sides and top".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back