DONE: 1/48 Revell P-61 Black Widow of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man, I have realized following your build on your P-61 Maglar, that I have a lot of work ahead of me in order to have mine turn out as good as yours is looking. i have not done any model building since JR. High so this might be interesting! Yours is looking good!

Thanks guys! There might be a slight delay in the build as I contacted a guy who makes custom fit Nose Weights and he his on a 2 week vacation. I am also ordering a replacement cowl / engine resin set because he has built 10 of these and suggested it as the kits standard set sucks. It only costs $10 for everything also, pretty good!

Last edited:
Looking good Mag. That engine set sounds good, and a great price. I would think it'll probably have a painting guide with it too. If not, shout, and I'll see if I can tell you which areas were which colours.

The engine does, his set is like a cowl and firewall and such to put around the kits engine.

Last edited:
Here are some shots of the areas which I used putty. Sprayed black over them to make sure they covered everything, came out great! As for the fuselage and wings, I worked on it for awhile and there is a 1/10 mm dip in it, very small but a "gap" is still visible. I dont want to put glue or anything as i'm trying to keep the rivets showing. It is a 90 degree angle to sand on which makes it even worse, I dont think it will be that visible once the gloss flies on. Hopefully my primer will fill it in..

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 134
Looking very good there Mag.I would suggest maybe some Mr.Surfacer 500 for in the future for just those kind of problems.It is easy to apply and work with.Cheers Kevin

I know Javlin I shold of bought some, but it was like $5 for a little jar.. knowing me I blow through primer quick. :|

Yeah, thats seems to be the universal product, need to buy some. But I think im going to use a toothpick and my squadron putty and trying to jam it in there without having much excess on the top. I saw somewhere nail polish remover can clean putty right off the surface for gap filling, oh mom!!

I have just applied PVA to the seam on the fuselage, it seems to be a wise solution as it dries clear and doesnt have much residue, hopefully this will knock out the "gap" that doesnt seem to go away! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back