DONE: 1/48 Revell P-61 Black Widow of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sprayed the underside, the silver is dry now. Now deciding on salt technique or blade / tape chipping. Salt works well but it looks fake when ive seen pictures of it done. Uhmmmm

Looking good Mag. Ever considerd spots and streaks of PVA or Micro Kristal Klear for the paint chipping and wear? Apply, let dry, paint, let dry, peel off. Works quite well, although you need to think about where and how much to apply.

Woj, an article I read said just use a toothpick and sideline the crystals to pop them off. I guess if theres any stickers just use a something rough to get it off. M

I have successfully used masking tape to lift the paint, but it needs to be done very carefully with small strips 'dabbed' on the paint to lift it...

also very fine sandpaper to lightly rub back some areas for wear...

Could idea wayne, but I will dodge the sandpaper since my surface will be gloss black and any sanding to it will just distort it. :)

Applied gloss black, damn it went on nice. The right cowl (looking at the nose) does not have gloss because I lost the cover piece for the engine and found it after. Will spray it when I go to do bottom in a few days. (If you give gloss black its needed dry time it comes out quite nice!)

Attachments

• DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0151.JPG
    DSC_0151.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0154.JPG
    DSC_0154.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0155.JPG
    DSC_0155.JPG