DONE: 1/48 Revell P-61 Black Widow of Maj. Carrol C. "Snuffy" Smith Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Woj, an article I read said just use a toothpick and sideline the crystals to pop them off. I guess if theres any stickers just use a something rough to get it off. M

As I know the warm water can help as well.Thanks for info Mag... she looks really very nice.I can't wait the final effect of your work.

Some more shots of Snuffy, still have to spray the underside. Glued and puttied the wheels together. I am quite concerned with how my tape ripping will go. The silver was enamel and the gloss black is lacquer, and Alclad states their paint bites into the surface, i'm hoping the gloss black didnt eat into the silver to form one layer where chipping will be impossible :shock:

Attachments

• DSC_0153.JPG
    DSC_0153.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0152.JPG
    DSC_0152.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0154.JPG
    DSC_0154.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 111
Mag, I can tell you from experience that your paint chipping WILL NOT work, as the silver is gone. I didn't realize the black was Alclad. When I painted my Frank with Alclad, I had to wipe some off, and the primer I put on (2 days prior, so plenty of drying time) came with it, so I'm pretty sure it'll be gone.

That sucks! I only did it because testors gloss cote looks like crap, this actually looks like glossy black, and it doesnt get patchy like normal black. I need to know now, brb getting some tape and hitting it early!

Ok, using my low tack tamiya yellow tape I was able to achieve this after many rip and pulls! :D:D:D The silver is saved, but I will have to use this tape all over because I think anything stronger and it will really rip all of it off.

Attachments

• DSC_0157.JPG
    DSC_0157.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 104
Haha, I thought it was gone.. it might still be there because the silver is enamel, little bit tougher then acrylic. Not sure, but whatever works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back