***** DONE -Nakajima A6M2-N "Rufe" of the Yokohama Kokutai Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Paul you sure do post alot of good info.Your computer favorites must be a vertiable file of aircraft research.Cheers Kevin

Paul you sure do post alot of good info.Your computer favorites must be a vertiable file of aircraft research.Cheers Kevin

Hi Kevin,

My favorites on internet are actually not a big as you think. Lots of books and lots of hard drive space along with lots of google though a number of years has made my archive.

Paul

Just finished construction of the wings, it's still on the pins, drying. In the morning I will set the dihedral and then do
a dry fit to the fuselage. This is the first I've worked on the Rufe in almost a week. Was out of town a few days
last week, then over the week-end I got some kind of intestional gremlin. I'll see if I can't get back into the swing of'
things.

Charles

OK, guys. Here's where we are.... at ! The wing has been constructed and the dihedral set. Waiting for everything to
dry good, then it's a dry fit and make necessary adjustment before covering. If all fits well, I'll start covering the
wing. Then cover the fuselage. You can see the finished main float and tail sections in the pic.

Charles

Attachments

• Wings.JPG
    Wings.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 99
Happy of seeing you in action Charles.A nice work My Friend.:D

Here's the dry fit that I promised ..... wings and tail ass'y to the fuselage. I must say I am not thrilled with the way
the trailing edge of the wing mates to the fuselage. I may have to crack a fuselage former and move it a smidge. Suppose
to rain, today, and I have outside things to do before it does. Work more this evening.

Shinpachi said:
This is an aircraft factory! I love it.

You got it, Mate...... Charles' Aircraft Factory !

Charles

Attachments

• Dry fit.JPG
    Dry fit.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 96
  • dry fit1.jpg
    dry fit1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Beautiful Charles! I could only open the second picture for some reason, so couldn't quite see the joint you mentioned. Could it be reinforced with a thin strip, then the strip hidden by the wing fillet? Just a thought, rather than have to cut in to the centre section longerons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back