Parts came today! Ive glued in the nose piece and the replacement cowl. The weight did its job as from the picture the bird does not sit. Still have to fill in the gap around the cone to blend it in. Getting closer guys
Oh joy! I filled in all the seams that were left. (Putty then nail polish remover with Q-tip, fast as heck and easy!)
Deciding whether to paint the whole thing silver to do some salting or paint ripping for chipping. Would look good on leading wing edges and flaps and such. Currently emailing the guy who sent me the weight about it, hes a P61 nut!
It seems I've made a mistake! That replacement cowl was meant for the other side, because the one that came with the kit has open flaps and so does this white one. The side showing the open engine has closed flaps, so I think I was supposed to cut that off and put the white piece there, but then I couldn't example my engine. Oh well, it was only $4!