****DONE: 1/48 B-24D Liberator 'Fightin' Sam' Heavy Hitters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

During my rigorous research of the B24 interior, I found that sometimes the crew would take chalk or #2 pencils and scribe off their hot spots or friends inside the bomb bay.. Only trying to keep it historically accurate here, I found what was written inside the 'Fightin' Sam' and replicated it without hesitation. :lol::lol:

On the oval bulkhead with the olive drab tarp I did some dry brushing and light weathering, might be noticeable. Last pic shows whats to come..

Attachments

• PICT1267.JPG
    PICT1267.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 122
  • PICT1268.JPG
    PICT1268.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 147
  • PICT1270.JPG
    PICT1270.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 165
  • PICT1272.JPG
    PICT1272.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 152
Very very nice. Were you going to add some dirty spots inside near the windows where the crew would have touched with their dirty hands or walked with their dirty shoes while working inside the plane? You know, like those dark smudge areas around doorways where kids like to leave their hand prints. :)

Thanks boys.. got more sanding paper today, so that anxiety rush is over.. I can continue modeling. Oh wait, homework up the wazeebo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back